Position – Health Research Assistant
Location - Cambridge, CB24 3DQ
Hours - Full-time role – 40-hours per week, fixed-term – 2 months
Salary - Annual salary of £26,000
Reference – 014
L2S2 is a rapidly growing and successful software company working in digital healthcare.
We are innovative, we have great backers, a global ecosystem and the opportunity to change the way people, things and services interact.
Digital health is an area of rapid growth, only accelerated by the events of the past 2 years, which also highlighted both the challenges but also the true value of these solutions.
We specialise in medical data analytics and regulatory compliant rapid application development. We aim to improve the affordability and quality in the provision of patient care. The projects that we work on are at the cutting edge and as such receive national and international recognition as well as awards.
We are working on a project on behalf of NHS England to investigate whether we can pick up early signs of deterioration in health conditions using data collected by patients aged over 65. These patients will be self-monitoring at home using standard medical devices. If the project proves successful it will be rolled out extensively throughout the UK as it will improve the lives of elderly people and help NHS staff to be more productive by targeting their work. We are looking for people who share our vision and our desire to improve patient outcomes.
We are recruiting two Health Research Assistants for the data collection phase of the project. Your role will be to support study participants over the phone by using applications and medical devices so that they can take their measurements and submit their data. You will use our in-house software to guide the participants and collect data about how they are getting on with the study. You will help to resolve any problems the participants encounter and help them increase their confidence in using technology. In addition to this, you will help to coordinate the distribution of medical devices and other equipment needed for the study to participants.
We work to very high standards for information security and are approved by NHS.
We are also recruiting a part-time Health Research Assistant, please let us know in your application if you are interested in the full-time (40-hours per week) or part-time (20-hours per week) position when you send your application through. The role combines working on-site from our offices outside of Cambridge and remote working.
- Conducting phone calls to participants to provide technical assistance in using the software application and associated medical devices (e.g. blood pressure monitors and thermometers)
- Recording accurate and standardised information on our in-house software
- Providing ongoing feedback to management about the software application, devices and participant experience
- Testing usability of our software application and medical devices
- Processing study recruitment and consent materials
- Preparing custom-made boxes for delivery containing medical devices and instructions for each participant
- Transporting custom-made boxes from the L2S2 Ltd office to the Post Office via car
Knowledge and qualifications
- Proficient in using technology (Apple and Android phones, MS Office, including Excel)
- Understanding of data security and GDPR
- Educated to degree level or pursuing a degree in Psychology or allied health professions degree preferred
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Proven experience in a role working with members of the public
- Experience of working in an admin or stock management role
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Experience of reporting
- Ability to work well alone as well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask
- Ability to put participants at ease, feel comfortable and valued
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Experience in working with people aged 65+
- Experience in a healthcare/care assistant role
- Experience in working in the NHS or healthcare industry
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- A valid UK driving licence and access to a car is essential to the role
Please note: This job description should not be interpreted as a complete summary of the responsibilities for this role or of the limitation of accountability. This job description is intended to present a general requirement of the experience, skills and attributes that we are seeking for this role.
If you meet the above criteria for the Health Research Assistant role, we would love to hear from you. Upload your CV for immediate consideration and please be assured that your CV will be treated with the strictest of confidence and not forwarded outside the organisation without your consent.
L2S2 Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
L2S2 works in a highly regulated environment to keep patients and their data safe and consequently requires all employees to pass background security checks.
We do not accept applications from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list.
Let's realise your ideas
© 2022 L2S2 Ltd. All Rights Reserved