ML / Data Science Engineer
- Do you want to make an impact and improve lives?
- Do you like challenges and responsibility?
- Do you like to be creative and solve problems?
- Do you like to see rapid results from your work?
- Do you want to work in a dynamic and exciting environment?
L2S2 is creating technology to transform healthcare to the benefit of all. We are making it easier and faster to turn good ideas into medical products, helping more people sooner. We are a small, successful, friendly, diverse and rapidly growing team specialising in digital health.
Our award-winning developments are in use in the UK, USA and beyond. We are expert at ML, software development and healthcare data and we have world class medical expertise. Our innovative platform creates medical grade applications and connects devices to patients and clinicians easily and rapidly.
Here are some projects we have produced with our platform:
- Software that reprioritises hospital waiting lists to minimise harm due to delays,
- An app collecting large scale data from users to evidence how medicinal cannabis helps treat disease
- Software that helps surgeons educate patients and keep them safe from harm
- An app for remote eye health checks
We are looking for ML engineers to join our team. We welcome applications from both people with experience and graduates who want to pursue an exciting career creating new applications that materially improve health.
What you will do
- Work closely with colleagues and partners on data management and analysis projects to create insights from healthcare data. Teams normally include both medical and technical members with a range of skills and you will work closely with all team members.
- Take responsibility for specific new code modules as well as maintaining and supporting existing code.
- Extend our core platform with machine learning and data analytics technologies.
- Create new software medical devices that are used to treat people and provide information to help clinicians make decisions.
- Undertake code reviews for other engineers on a regular basis to assist with training and quality assurance.
- We will give you responsibility in line with your skills and ability, not your age, and your responsibilities will increase as you gain expertise and experience.
L2S2 works to full medical software standards and we will give you training on these standards. You will also be trained in the technologies and skills that you need.
You will be educated to first degree and ideally Masters level in STEM or another relevant subject.
Skills and attributes
We look for the following skills and attributes as they prove helpful:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to perform under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Self-motivated and organised
- Attention to detail
Competitive - based on skills and experience.
L2S2 is based five miles outside Cambridge. Most people have hybrid working patterns and we let employees work from abroad for short periods of time.
We offer good holidays and a range of benefits. Committed staff members are offered share options.
L2S2 is an equal opportunities employer.
Let's realise your ideas
© 2022 L2S2 Ltd. All Rights Reserved