- Are you good at what you do?
- Do you want to make an impact and improve lives?
- Do you like to be challenged and solve problems?
- Do you like to see rapid results from your work?
- Do you want to work in a dynamic and exciting environment?
If the answer is yes, consider applying to join our successful, friendly, diverse, small, and rapidly growing team working in digital health.
L2S2 is creating technology that makes it much easier and faster to turn good ideas into medical products to benefit more people sooner. Our innovative platform creates medical-grade software applications and connects devices to patients, clinicians, and healthcare systems easily and rapidly. Products developed using our platform are winning awards and are in use in the UK, USA, and beyond. They include:
- Software that reprioritises hospital waiting lists to minimise harm due to delays
- An app collecting large-scale data from users to evidence how medicinal cannabis helps treat disease
- Software that helps surgeons educate patients and keep them safe from harm as they undergo surgery
- An app for remote eye health checks
What you will do
- Develop high-quality web applications
- Work on a range of Web Services to support our transition from .NET Framework to .NET Core
- Support and maintain existing web applications
- Work within the context of our Quality Management System to create, support, and maintain software medical devices via web applications
- Write technical documentation within the scope of our Quality Management System
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in web development
- Assist with mentoring younger graduate engineers
- Implement best practice policies within the scope of our Quality Management System
- Influence the future vision of our products using your knowledge, skills, and experience as a leader and developer
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external teams
- Identify risks proactively, understand their impact, and liaise with the business and technology teams to put robust controls in place
- Provide expert assistance with troubleshooting and monitoring systems to resolve and prevent issues, risks, and defects and keep stakeholders updated
L2S2 works to full medical software standards and we will give you training on these standards. We also offer training development plans.
Experience and Qualifications
You will be educated to first degree and may also have a higher (Masters's or PhD) level degree in STEM or another relevant subject together with 3+ years’ experience in Web Development (or similar).
Skills and attributes
- Excellent programming skills
- Demonstrable experience in producing and consuming web services using Web API or other REST frameworks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Self-motivated and organised
Desirable experience, knowledge, and skills
- Experience in working with quality standards (ideally ISO 13485 and ISO 27001)
- Experience in implementing and upholding best practice ways of working
- Experience in strategically managing/leading team(s)
- Experience in transitioning from .Net Framework to .Net Core
- Good knowledge of current design practices
Competitive - based on skills and experience.
L2S2 is based five miles outside Cambridge. The location for this role is flexible and we offer the opportunity to work remotely, although we always welcome people to work from the office. Remote workers are required to come into the office for reviews, audits, and planning sessions throughout the year.
We offer good holidays and a range of benefits. Committed staff members are offered share options.
L2S2 is an equal opportunities employer.
Let's realise your ideas
© 2022 L2S2 Ltd. All Rights Reserved